Thursday, July 17, 2014

Willing To Walk on Water

When our children were 9, 8, and 6, I told my husband that we were going to spend three days at Disney World in Orlando, Florida. He looked at me like I was crazy; finances were tight and there were days we did not know how we were going to put gas in our cars. We both decided to leave the computer field with great salaries and return back to college to do our “dream” jobs. He was in school to become a RN and I was in school to become a mental health therapist. He decided to work as a tech in the hospital in order to gain experience, and I was working for a mental health provider. Both jobs together were not enough to manage all of our bills, so my idea of going to Disney World felt like a slap in his face.


But due to my perception of God, what we had, or didn’t have, and how he felt did not stop me from believing anything was possible.


A week after I informed my husband of my idea one of my friends gave me a brochure about a resort in Orlando, Florida. Many resorts will offer a discounted rate as long you listen to their sales pitch. For about $50 and two hours of our time, we could stay at their resort for four days and three nights. The following week, two family members told us anytime we wanted to go to Disney World we could, because they could get us in for free. My husband looked at me and said “Ok, I believe. But Nancia, we don’t have enough money to eat, put gas in the car, or to spend when we get there.” I looked at him with my excited, big smile and said, “Sweetie I’ve got a feeling God is going to take care of that too. We have enough for gas to get there and back, and where we are staying has a kitchen!” He agreed to do it so we left for Florida. The kids were so excited and had no idea of our worries. I had them believing we were rich, because we served a God that could give and do anything!

The moment we walked into the lobby of the resort, three different people asked us to do surveys for different other resorts and they wanted to pay us for it. We signed up for all three for the following day. We started at 7:00 am and by 2:30 pm we had earned $450. 

My husband was in shock because we came home with more money than we had before we left. I was praising God and this experience increased my faith. My husband still ask questions when I tell him one of my idea (I am a visionary), but he supports it, because he knows I trust and believe in a God that provides, heals, delivers, and prepares a table in the presence of my enemies.


I can tell you many stories of how God “divided the red sea” or provided my heart’s desires. My life is far from perfect, but I live in peace because I know God has my back regardless of what happens or doesn’t happen.  I am a woman of faith and not fear. We have been blessed to take our children to Disney 3 more times after this faith trip and now they are tired of it.


Hopefully you have stories that demonstrate how you decided to “walk on water” or have faith to push through, even when it felt like it was impossible. The key is seeing it, believing God is with you and will help you, and taking steps toward it. If you have a desire that may seem impossible, don’t let the water (doubt, lack of resources, people, time) stop you; learn to or be willing to walk on it! There is water in front of you… go for it!!

Written By Nancia Leath, MA LPC NCC - Don't forget to order a copy of your book - Emancipate In Your Chair - 50% off because Nancia loves giving back!

1 comment:

  1. Yes all things are possible with God and a tiny mustard seed of Faith!!

    ReplyDelete